Assistant Director of Residential Services
This candidate will be overseeing a group of our IRA homes and/or ICF homes where we support people with Intellectual/Developmental disabilities.
As an Assistant Director of Residential Services some of your responsibilities will be:
Direct oversite of assigned residential programs certified by OPWDD
- Ensure that residential program operations are following all state and federal regulations
- Monitors the QIDP to ensure the appropriate development, implementation, and documentation of Residential Habilitation goals
- Reviews, investigate, and ensure prompt follow up of all incident and accident reports
- Serves on Residential Incident Review Committee
- Develops, implements, and monitors quality assurance/quality improvement programs and ensure they are understood and adhered to
- Assists the Director of Residential Services in the development and management of program budgets
Supervision and Training
- Provides on-going direct supervision, training, and support to the Residence Managers through individuals meetings and house specific staff meetings
- Ensures that appropriate staffing levels are maintained and that work schedules, overtime reports, and FTE reports are completed in a timely fashion
- Conducts performance evaluations of Residence Managers and assists the Residence Manager in reviewing evaluations of program staff
- Assists the Residence Managers in the recruitment, selection, and orientation of program staff.
- Performs on-call responsibilities in accordance with the NYS Justice Center Administrator on-call regulations, as scheduled
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social sciences, or administration.
- Three years of progressive management experience plus, or including, at least two years of experience working in a residential program serving developmentally disabled population.
- Five years of progressive management experience in a setting supporting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of the delivery system of employment, day, and residential services under OPWDD (ICF and IRA) preferred
- NYS Driver’s license