Join our caring, community focused team and help give kids a Head Start!
This position is responsible for coordinating and advocating health services (Medical, Dental, and Child Safety) for participating children and families enrolled in Head Start/Early Head Start Preschool program. This position plays an important part in supporting the health and safety goals of the program.
- Promotes preventative health services and inform families of community services and resources. Maintains accurate and up to date records on children and families for meeting program objectives.
- Ensures families have health insurance coverage and an ongoing source of continuous, accessible medical and dental care. Assists parents to ensure participation in well-child checks.
- Conducts nutrition assessments with parents and provides follow up as necessary.
- Provides transportation services or arrange transportation through other options to enrolled children and families for appointments related to health and dental.
- Will fill-in for daycare classroom staff to maintain room ratio and coverage when needed.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter along with a resume.
Benefits: - Position starts at $13.64/ hour working 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years’ experience in a health related field preferred or 2 years in support/service role serving parents and families.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to administer medications as needed.
- Knowledge of health and wellness principles. Experience in a medical office setting is helpful.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. - assist in setting up classroom environments and interacting with young children in a daycare setting. Provide back-up in the classroom if needed.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a valid license, possess a vehicle for shopping as needed and be insurable to drive an agency vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.