LifeWorks Community Action is a community of neighbors helping neighbors build bright and stable futures. We have a strong network of programs to help our neighbors address their immediate needs and overcome challenges. If we do not have the support someone is looking for, we make sure they are connected to an organization that does.
We are currently seeking a candidate to be responsible for providing direct service through intake assessment, community outreach, service planning, and referral as well as, placement services for all Weatherization customers in Saratoga and Schenectady Counties. Makes appropriate referrals to EMPOWER New York and other programs both within LifeWorks and outside agencies that will best assist customers. Will also coordinate daily office aspects of the department.
Candidate must be friendly, caring and professional and be able to demonstrate effective crisis management, good judgment, and have excellent communication skills. We are customer/participant focused and seek an applicant who desires to make an impact in the lives of our neighbors in need.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Passion for serving the community, alleviating poverty and building a community where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Associates Degree or a HS Diploma/GED and 2 years’ experience in advocacy, outreach and or a human services field.
- Experience in performing basic social needs assessments and case management.
- Above average organizational skills and computer skills including excel. QuickBooks is a plus!
Schedule: position works Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Compensation: Position offers a starting salary of $17.00 per hour with excellent benefits!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
COVID-19 considerations: To keep all staff and customers safe during the pandemic, we have been and will continue to follow all recommended health and safety guidelines for offices and programs. A vaccine mandate is in place for all staff.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE